Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Perfect Getaway

"There are still so  many things to be done."
" I am becoming overwhelmed."
" I just need a break."
" Can someone just push the pause button on life?"
Or as the old bubble bath commercial theme line stated, "Calgon, take me away!"

Life may bring a varied array of excitement and disappointment. There are times when it seem as if we ourselves have no control over what life brings.  There always seem to be more to do and not enough done. Even those who thrive in having many things to do get tired, get weary, and have a need for a getaway.

Well allow me to share with you the "Perfect Getaway". Don't worry, this is not a sales pitch, because this getaway has no dollar value. It fits into every budget plan. It starts with a desire that encourage you to move your thoughts into actions. The action is an earnest seeking of the LORD.

Psalm 27: 4-6 Message Bible
 I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate his beauty; I'll study at his feet. That's the only quiet, secure place in a noisy world, The perfect getaway, far from the buzz of traffic.God holds me head and shoulders above all who try to pull me down. I'm headed for his place to offer anthems that will raise the roof! Already I'm singing God-songs; I'm making music to God.

Earnestly seeking (inquiring, desiring, craving, having a vital need for) the LORD, leads me into the presence of the LORD. In the presence of the LORD my perspective change. What I couldn't see before, I can now see clearly. What I saw as threatening, I now see it's beauty. It was in my seeking that I turned my faith towards the LORD. I began to say, "If only I can get into his presence all things will become possible." (Matt.19:26, Mark 9:23) As I settle down in his presence I am able to truly rest in Him, no longer being distracted by the circumstances of my life. I regain the focus that He that holds me up. It is in His presences and as I study at His feet, that I am awaken to who He says I am. I am not who others or my circumstances project me to be.

I am rejuvenated .
I am refreshed.
I am His.

All Things Are Possible by Hillsong via Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.